MailChimp is the premiere tool for email marketing. With over 500 million active monthly users, it’s the ideal destination for sending brand messages.
If you’re not using MailChimp to grow your email list, you’re losing out on the opportunity to reach your audience. With MailChimp, you can easily create engaging email content that encourages your readers to open the email and take action.
Since many companies rely on MailChimp for their email marketing needs, it’s a common question what features the platform offers and how you can integrate third-party tools with it.
MailChimp has a robust array of features that make it a one-stop shop for email marketing. Here are the main points.
- Marketing & Strategy: The platform offers in-depth insight into your marketing performance in terms of open rates, clicks, and much more. With this information, you can track the success of your campaign and identify areas for improvement. You can also use the tool to plan your strategy for the following month.
- Content: The content planning tool on MailChimp allows you to break down your strategy and plan your content calendar. You can create content such as landing pages, blog posts, and even ebooks. When creating an eBook, you can use the platform’s template or drag and drop functional elements to build your own template.
- Automation: You can automate email campaigns on MailChimp with ease. Just set up a few simple email campaigns and watch them run smoothly. You don’t need any tech experience to get started.
- Segmentation: You can segment your audience on MailChimp based on interest or behavior. For instance, you can target users who haven’t purchased from your company in the past and introduce them to your luxury goods product line. Or, you can target users who haven’t opened an email from your company in the past and introduce them to your lifestyle blog.
- List Management: The platform offers robust list management functionality. You can create and edit lists, set email preferences, view unsubscribes, and more. While you’re in the list management area, you can also export your contacts as a.csv file or a.vcf file for use in other applications.
- Branding: You can implement a branded email strategy on MailChimp and integrate your corporate identity into the design of your messages. Just remember that you can only use images from within your Google Drive. This tool makes it easy to create an email campaign with a consistent look while allowing you to bring your branding and color palette into the design.
- A/B Testing: You can conduct A/B testing on emails sent through MailChimp. Simply send out two different versions of the same email and measure the results. This feature makes it easy for you to test different subject lines and body copy to see which one performs best. You can also record a short video covering the key takeaways from an email campaign and use the A/B testing tool on MailChimp to compare the results.
- Conversation Management: You can have a single-topic conversation with your contacts, or you can open up a threaded conversation. In the threaded conversation mode, you can reply to a previous message and keep the conversation going. This mode also shows the latest message in the conversation and allows you to follow up with a new message.
- Campaign Tracking & Analysis: With the analytics tools on MailChimp, you can gain comprehensive insight into the performance of every email you send. You can track the open rate, click-through rate, and much more for each individual email. You can use this information to track the performance of your overall marketing campaign and identify areas for improvement.
- Reporting: Finally, MailChimp offers comprehensive reporting tools that make it easy to track and analyze the results of your email campaigns. The reports are visually appealing and easy to understand. You can sort the information by clicking on the column header.
How Do I Integrate Mailchimp With My Website or Blog?
Whether you’re an experienced direct marketer or just getting started, integrating your email marketing with your website takes only a few minutes of setup. Here’s how.
First, visit the Integrations section of the website. You’ll see a variety of tools to connect your platforms with MailChimp. For example, you can connect your Shopify store with MailChimp and start using the platform’s robust set of features.
Next, log into your MailChimp account and click the Download the App button. Once the app is installed on your device, you can start configuring the integration. Enter your Shopify store’s email address and create a new email template. Make sure to save the template so you can continue later on.
Now, when an email arrives from your Shopify store, it will be marked as a new lead in your CRM. You can then follow up with this contact via phone or email and grow your business together.