If you’re new to marketing, you might wonder how many subscribers you need to have in order to ensure that you reach your goals. After all, it can be cumbersome to try and figure out how many people you need in order to ensure that you reach a certain threshold of subscribers. Believe it or not, there is a perfect number that you can use, and it’s perfectly simple. Once you know it, you’ll never go back to guessing again!
Here’s the number: X Where X is your current number of subscribers, you’ll need to have X + 1 more in order to reach your goal. And the moral of the story is: Never, ever guess at the number of subscribers you need. Instead, use these three tools to help you figure it out:
The world’s #1 marketing platform has an amazing tool called ‘Actions’, which helps you figure out the best way to reach your audience. For instance, you can use Actions to find the best day and time to send your next email blast. Or you can use it to send automated emails at particular intervals (e.g., daily, weekly, or monthly).
MailChimp is a free tool, but you do need to have a business account in order to use it. If you don’t have one yet, you can use the mini version of MailChimp, which is completely free. Just make sure that you don’t forget to switch back to the full version once you reach 100,000 subscribers (or some other number that feels good to you).
MailChimp’s advanced feature set allows you to do almost anything in terms of email marketing, including:
- Automatically send out email blasts based on particular actions users take (e.g., watch a certain YouTube video, or click a certain link in a Facebook post)
- Create single messages that can be sent out to multiple contacts at once
- Set up email actions that will trigger automated emails based on the behavior of your website visitors
- Use funnels to get more engaged with your audience (e.g., using a ‘Subscribe’ button rather than a ‘Like’ button)
- and much more
ClickFunnels is an all-in-one tool that allows you to create, automate, and track all of your digital marketing campaigns. Its major advantage over other similar products is its ability to integrate with virtually all major email services and social media platforms. For example, you can use ClickFunnels to easily build a business plan, then use a different tool to send out your business emails, or you can use your phone to take a selfie, and share it on Facebook, all from within the app.
If you’re someone who wants to get their content out to as many people as possible, and don’t have the time to manually create and send out press releases, then ClickFunnels is the perfect platform for you. Its impressive list of features includes:
- Publish and manage your content (e.g., articles, guides, and FAQs)
- Create landing pages, blog feeds, and website forms to collect contact details
- Set up automated email campaigns to send out regularly (e.g., to notify your subscribers when you have new content)
- Create funnels and split-testing funnels to track the performance of your marketing campaigns
- and much more
The best part about ClickFunnels is that it’s 100% free, with no credit card required to get started. All you need is a Gmail account to create a business page, and a desire to build an engaged audience. The app is also mobile-friendly, so you can access it from anywhere.
AWeber is the #3 email marketing platform in the world, and one of the most popular choices among business owners and marketers. Like MailChimp, it has a free version and a paid version, with the free version offering fewer features but supporting more email addresses. If you get started with AWeber, you’ll enjoy a range of powerful features, including:
- Email marketing automation
- Advanced segmentation
- Single-click unsubscribe
- A/B testing of email layouts
- Multi-merge capability (allows you to combine MailChimp with AWeber)
- and more
AWeber is ideal for anyone who wants to streamline their email marketing operations, and wants to have a single tool to manage all of their campaigns. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced marketer, you can’t go wrong with AWeber.
Finding the right number of subscribers is a matter of knowing when to stop. You don’t want to over or under-subscribe, and you certainly don’t want to have too many unsubscribe attempts on your email list. So, in case you’re curious, here are some more tips on how to grow a following on social media, based on the popular tweet by Darren Revell:
1. Follow the 80/20 rule. This means you should aim to have at least 80% of your followers be genuinely interested in your content, and 20% of your followers be there just to spam. 2. Don’t be afraid to experiment. The key to successful social media marketing is to constantly experiment with things (e.g., the kind of videos you should be posting, the text you should be using, the images you should be using, etc.) so that you can find what works best for your audience. And remember: Your audience is constantly changing, so you’ll need to keep experimenting to make sure that you’re delivering the best content possible to your subscribers.
In case you’re wondering, the reason that these three tools are so important is that they help you figure out the right number of subscribers you should have. If you don’t know how many subscribers you need, it can be tough to know if you’re reaching your audience, or if you’re just sending the same old boring pitch to everyone. Using tools such as MailChimp, ClickFunnels, and AWeber to find the right number of subscribers makes the process much simpler. And that, in turn, simplifies your life and allows you to focus on what’s important to you.