If you’re looking to grow your email funnels to monetize email lists and acquire customers, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll help you understand what a funnel is and how you can use email funnels to grow your business.
What Is A Funnel?
A funnel is the set of steps that a person must go through in order to get to the point of making a purchase. Typically, the funnel consists of a series of forms, questions, or trials that the customer must navigate while gathering information. At the end of the funnel, there is a conversion, such as a buy button or a link to a product page.
You can think of the funnel as a virtual pitch for a product. In market research, marketers and data scientists call this type of analysis a funnel analysis or funnel research. In the context of marketing, you might use the terms “lead generation funnel” or “consumer research funnel”.
In the case of a lead generation funnel, your objective is to generate as many leads as possible by getting a person to fill out a form, usually online. After submission, you’ll receive a series of emails, usually to follow up on the initial contact. Most importantly, you’re looking for conversions, such as signing up for a newsletter, subscribing to a blog, or making a purchase.
Why Should You Use Email Funnels?
The trend right now is to use email funnels to gain more traction, increase engagement, and grow your business. Here’s why:
- Email marketing is still one of the most effective and affordable ways to grow a business.
- The average person opens an email every 4 minutes. So if you want to be seen, you should be sending regular emails.
- In 2021 alone, approximately 71.2 billion emails will be sent world-wide. That’s a 22% increase from 2020.
- People love free trials. If you can get someone to convert while on a trial or free sample, then you’ve got yourself a customer.
- With every new platform, social media site, and software update, it becomes more difficult to grow your business. Having a lead generation and customer retention strategy in place can help you avoid these complexities.
- Last but not least, we live in a world full of distractions. People have short attention spans and are constantly bombarded with pleas for attention. By nurturing a relationship with your customers through email funnels, you’ll be able to keep their attention longer and engage them on a personal level.
How Can Email Funnels Help?
There are several ways that email funnels can help you grow your business:
- Grow your email list. Once you have a sizable email list, you can monetize it with CPA (Cost Per Action) and CPM (Cost Per Mile) marketing. With CPM marketing, your goal is to get as many people to click on your links as possible. With CPA marketing, your goal is to get as many people to take a specific action, such as make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, or enter a contest.
- Become a thought leader in your industry. Create a series of thought leadership pieces, such as articles, videos, or ebooks that will help your customers and potential customers make informed decisions. By regularly posting engaging content, you’ll be able to establish yourself as an authoritative voice in your industry.
- The key to effective lead generation is having a complete understanding of your target audience’s needs and wants. By setting up a series of experiments in your email marketing software of choice, you’ll be able to determine which types of content resonate with your target audience and improve your approach in the future.
- Determine your ideal customer. Once you have a clear idea of who your target audience is, you can determine exactly what they want and need. This will help you craft an email marketing strategy that will generate leads, conversions, and brand loyalty.
- Choose the right platform. As we mentioned above, email is one of the most popular and accessible forms of communication. That being said, not all platforms are created equal. You want to pick a tool or a platform that will allow you to seamlessly integrate your email marketing and customer support. If you’re looking for a platform that is SEO-friendly and has a vibrant community, then you should consider HubSpot.
- Become a master of marketing. A master of marketing can harness all the tools and technologies that are available within the digital realm to grow their business. Having a clear understanding of marketing and being able to apply that knowledge is the key to success.
- Get social. It’s important to have a presence on all the major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram). But it’s not enough to have a presence. You need to engage with your audience on a consistent basis.
- If you’re looking to grow your business, then it’s important to find a method that works for you. While we can’t give you the advice of hiring a business growth specialist, we can provide you with the knowledge you need to find one that fits your needs.
Whether you’re just getting started or you’re looking for ways to optimize your existing business, using a lead generation funnel will put you on the right track. And if you want to learn more, the links below will take you to the various places where you can find the information you need to successfully grow your business.