Who doesn’t like free stuff? Well, hopefully you’re reading this article, because you and I both know that you’ll want to try out ClickFunnels. What is ClickFunnels? It’s an independent company that creates funnels for online businesses. So, when you sign up for a free account, you’ll get to try out their various funnels. Some of these funnels are absolutely free, while others have a nominal cost attached to them. But, even if you don’t want to try out the funnels, you’ll still benefit from using them. And that’s because ClickFunnels provides you with free marketing tools that can improve your overall web presence and help your business get the most out of its online presence.
1. Create a Funnel
The first step to creating a funnel with ClickFunnels is to pick a funnel type. There are four types of funnels to choose from:
- A Marketing funnel
- An Affiliate Sales funnel
- A Product Sale funnel
- A Blogger funnel
Each of these types of funnels serves a different purpose, so you can pick the one that’s best suited for your needs. To create a Marketing funnel, you’ll want to start with a simple landing page. Then, you can use a variety of tools to drive traffic to it. For example, you can use Google AdWords to get the word out about your new product or service. You can also use social media to gain more traction and grow your audience. And don’t forget about free events like trade shows and webinars that you can use to connect with potential customers.
Next, you’ll want to add some fields to your form. The more fields you add, the more complex your form will look to potential customers. For example, if you add a field for a shipping address, customers will have to enter it. If you add a subscription field, customers will have to enter a credit card. And if you add a field for a contact name, you’ll increase the chances of a customer reaching out to you to ask questions about the product or service you’re promoting. Forms like these give you the opportunity to engage with your customers on an individual level, which is highly beneficial in terms of building a relationship and gaining trust.
2. Customize the Page’s Appearance
You can use a number of tools to customize the appearance of your funnel’s landing page. Some of these tools are free, while others cost money. Of course, you can always use a third party tool to do this, but you’ll want to work with a reputable one that will give you support even after you’ve purchased the tool. Below, we’ll discuss the various options you have for customizing your funnel’s page:
- Colors: You can use a variety of colors to customize the look of your page. Just make sure that the color you choose compliments your brand and isn’t associated with any competing products or services. You can also choose an orange color for your page and use WordPress widgets to swap out images and text for the website.
- Fonts: You can choose a variety of fonts to use on your page. Just make sure that the font you choose is easy to read and isn’t too trendy or unique. You can use Google Fonts to find a font that suits your needs.
- Layout: You can choose either a boxed or a full layout for your page. The boxed layout looks like a traditional brochure, whereas the full layout looks more like a website. When choosing the boxed layout, you don’t have to worry about limited space. However, if you have limited space, the full layout is the way to go. This option gives you the freedom to create something unique without worrying about fitting everything in.
- Add Another Page: If you want, you can add another page to your funnel. Just make sure that this additional page has a clear function. If you have two or more pages in your funnel, you can use the Add Another Page link at the bottom of your form to add the additional page. Doing this will give you more fields and more opportunities to collect information.
- Background Image: You can choose either a static or a dynamic background image for your page. If you go with the static image, make sure that it’s a high-quality one and that it won’t distract from the form fields. If you decide on a dynamic background image, make sure that it’s not something too distracting. Simply use a plain image that’s representative of your business and industry.
- Form Boxes: You can opt to have form boxes on your page. Just make sure that the size and style of the boxes match the design of your page. Also, make sure that they don’t overlap or touch each other. Having multiple form boxes makes the form look more complicated, but it also gives you more space to collect information. And, if you have more than one form box, you can use the Add Another Page link at the bottom of your form to add a second box.
- Testimonials: You can add testimonials from real customers on your page. Just make sure that the size of the testimonials doesn’t take up too much room on your page. If you decide to use this space for more form fields, you’ll have to cut some of the text out.
- Phone Number: You can add a phone number at the end of the form. Just make sure that it’s easy for the user to find and that it won’t take up too much room on your page. You can use HTML or CSS to format your number’s appearance.
- Social Media: You can add social media icons at the end of the form. Just remember that these icons will be linked to your profile on the given platform. You can use these icons to connect with other users on social media and gain credibility.
- Blogs: You can add your own blog’s link and a few paragraphs of text at the end of the form. Just remember that the more you put in it, the more people will read it. Having a blog linked on your page will also help establish your expertise in the industry.
- Online Stores: If you run an online store that sells products similar to those promoted on your page, you can add a link to your site in the form’s footer. Just make sure that the link is opt-in and has a relevant description that includes your store’s name.
- Video Footer: If you have a video on your page that you want to have a link to, you can use the footer section to add a link to the video. When adding a link in the footer, make sure that it leads to a product or a category on your site.
- Contact Information: At the very end of the form, you can add information about your company. This includes your email address, phone number, website, and social media handles. Just make sure that you have a physical address, since many companies won’t give business emails to unknown companies.
3. Optimize the Form for Email Subscription
Once you have a working funnel, you’ll want to optimize it for email subscriptions. To do this, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Go to your email marketing platform and open up your email subscription dialog. This is where you’ll want to enter your funnel’s URL.
- Add a subscription field at the end of your form. The more fields you add, the more options your subscriber has when it comes to signing up for your mailing list.
- Add your email marketing platform’s address to the From address field.
- Set up a physical and email address for yourself.
- Check the Subscription confirmation email.
- Paste your email marketing platform’s verification code into the correct field.
- Click the Subscribe button.
With each of these steps, you’ll increase your chances of gaining new subscribers. If you want to see whether or not users are clicking the Subscribe button, you can use the ‘Engagement’ section of your email marketing platform. Just search for the name of your funnel’s URL and you’ll see the daily ‘open rate’ or ‘click rate’ for the specific link.