It’s no secret that using a website to conduct business can be challenging, especially if you’re worried about keeping track of things, having everything available when you need it, and generating enough leads to make sales.
With the rise of mobile technology and social media, it’s become easier to reach potential customers, no matter where you are, but the convenience of digital marketing has made a lot of things more complex.
Now, you might be considering setting up shop on the internet with a website, however, did you know there are other alternatives?
The options for marketing your business digitally have increased dramatically, and so has the competition. With that being said, it’s important to compare apples to apples to ensure you make the right decision for your business.
Features Of Both Platforms
So what exactly sets these two platforms apart? Let’s take a quick look.
- Functionality: Websites have been around for longer than most individuals can remember (in fact, the very first websites were created in the 1990s). This makes them more robust and versatile than most other marketing platforms. With over 20 years of experience, it’s fair to say that WordPress has really mastered the art of creating websites.
- Ease Of Use: As we mentioned above, websites have been around for a long time. Therefore, a lot of people are familiar and comfortable using them. Most businesses, whether they’re established organizations or individuals just getting started, will find WordPress easy to use. Even beginners can build a basic website using this platform in less than an hour.
- Cost Effective: With over 80% of businesses using WordPress reporting cost-effective results from the platform, it’s clear that this is a popular choice among small businesses.
- Cross-Browser Compatible: With support across all browsers, including mobile, it’s clear that WordPress is dedicated to providing a great experience to their users regardless of their device. In other words, even if you’re viewing this on a smartphone you’ll still be able to navigate the site easily.
- Extensive Documentation: If you’re new to WordPress, the documentation is incredibly comprehensive. There’s almost always someone available to help you should you have any questions. Even if you’re an experienced digital marketer, you’ll probably still find the documentation useful. It covers every step you’d need to know in order to launch your website.
- Scalability: With a bit of research and planning, you can have a reliable estimate of how much traffic you can expect to receive. Once you know this, it’s easy to plan for the growth of your business. Whether you want to host more than one website, or need to scale back after a while, it’s easy to replicate the success you had with one site, to the next.
- Mobility: If your business is mobile-centric (i.e. you need to be reaching potential customers wherever they are) then WordPress fully supports mobile-friendly websites. Creating responsive designs is an easy way to ensure your site looks great on any device. In case you’re wondering, a responsive website automatically adjusts to the screen size of the device it’s being viewed on.
Now, not all these features are available on every website builder, so it’s important to do some research before you decide. Luckily for you, we’ve done the research for you, and identified the pros and cons of each platform.
Websites Vs. ClickFunnels
The first thing you’ll want to consider when comparing the two platforms is functionality. This is a matter of choosing your platform based on the type of site you want to produce.
If you’re looking for a simple and reliable way to get a basic website up and running then we’d recommend you try WordPress, due to its ease of use and the huge amount of resources and support available online. This is also the most popular choice for small businesses who are looking to create a simple and cost-effective option for reaching their customers. That being said, if your ultimate goal is to grow your business using the internet then we’d recommend you look into creating a sales funnel using the ClickFunnels platform.
A sales funnel, as the name implies, is a step-by-step guide to getting a customer from visiting your site to making a purchase. A properly laid-out sales funnel can be extremely effective in growing your business using the internet, and the ability to adjust it based on what works and what doesn’t, makes the process much simpler. You can find a good tutorial for setting up a basic funnel here.
Once you have a basic sales funnel set up, you can begin adding more features and benefits to it to increase the odds of converting your visitors into paying customers. To give you an idea of the difference in features between the two platforms, here’s a quick comparison of the most important ones:
- Robust Search Engine Optimization (SEO): If you’re looking to increase the exposure of your website, then SEO is a must. Luckily for you, WordPress comes with an SEO-friendly option built into the platform. This makes it much easier to optimize your content for search engines such as Google, making your site much more visible to potential customers.
- Responsive Design: One of the biggest advantages of a WordPress-based website is the capability of creating a responsive design. This simply means that the layout of your site will change depending on what device it is being viewed on. To give you an idea of what this looks like, here’s an example of a responsive basketball website.
- Live Chat: As the name suggests, live chat is when a consultant or representative of the company connects with a customer directly via chat. It’s one of the most popular features on ClickFunnels, and one of the reasons why so many people choose this platform. Having a live chat option gives customers the opportunity to get in touch with your company directly, ask questions, or give feedback.
- Payment Provider Integration: Did you know that nearly 80% of businesses using ClickFunnels integrate their payment provider? This eliminates the need to store card details individually, as well as reduce the amount of time it takes to process payments. If you’re looking for an e-commerce solution then this is one important feature to consider.
- Advanced Analytics: Did you know that nearly 60% of businesses using ClickFunnels install the Google Analytics tool? This allows you to track the performance of your website and determine which elements work well and which ones don’t. For example, you can see which areas of copy attract the most interest from visitors. Alternatively, you can use the tool to track the performance of specific campaigns you run to determine the success of particular initiatives.
- Social Media Integration: If you’re active on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, then you can easily integrate your business accounts on these platforms into your website. This allows you to keep your social media accounts separate from your website, but still provide a cohesive experience to your customers.
As you can see above, there’s a lot of difference between these two platforms when it comes to features. While WordPress is a great option for beginners who are just getting started, or who want a simple and reliable site, ClickFunnels is the complete package when it comes to getting a business online.
As you’d expect from a premium product, ClickFunnels costs a lot, however, if you decide that creating a sales funnel is the right option for your business, then it’s definitely worth it.
WordPress itself is incredibly inexpensive, and can be installed on a personal computer for free. Hosting a basic website with WordPress is also very affordable and can be done for under $5 per month. So, as you can see, the cost-effectiveness of WordPress is undeniable.
On the other hand, creating a sales funnel is a very time-consuming process, and can take a significant amount of technical expertise to get right. For this reason, it’s usually best suited for experienced businesses who already have a system in place.
When it comes to technical capabilities, security, and functionality, ClickFunnels clearly takes the cake. Being a premium product, this one has all the makings of a perfect fit for businesses that need to take their online presence seriously. If you’re wondering, here’s a quick video that explains the pricing of ClickFunnels in more detail.
So, as you can see above, there’s a whole lot of difference when comparing the two platforms. This is mainly because WordPress was designed to be a basic content publishing platform, and doesn’t have all the features that make up a fully-fledged e-commerce solution. This being said, if your ultimate goal is to build a successful business using the internet, then creating a funnel is the clear choice.