Most people will agree that sending emails is one of the most tedious tasks. There are so many platforms, ESPs, and software to choose from, but none of them are convenient or user-friendly. As a business owner or marketer, you will be faced with the challenge of choosing which software to use for your company’s email campaign, and that is a lot to consider.
Top 5 reasons your email marketing software choice matters
There are many reasons why your email marketing software choice matters. Here are the top 5 reasons.
- Personalization – The ability to customize your emails based on a person’s previous actions or purchases. For example, if someone buys a product from your store, you can send them a thank you email.
- Subject Lines That Convert – When people are deciding which emails to open, you want your email’s subject line to be something that will catch their attention. Few things are more frustrating than getting an email with a subject line that’s one bland sentence or a simple “click here to continue reading…”
- Dunning Effect – The phenomenon where people just ignore your messages because they know you’ll keep trying to sell them something. To combat this, you can add an unsubscribe button or include a plain email in your mailing list. Not only does this stop the flow of unnecessary emails, but you can also get rid of the people who don’t want to hear from you.
- Sales/Marketing Analysis – Once you have a good amount of data from your email campaigns, you can do an analysis of what’s working and what needs to be changed. Maybe you’re just starting out and need help figuring out what works with your target audience. In that case, using a tool like HubSpot can help you figure out what is and isn’t working and how you can improve.
- Automation – The use of various software or tools to make your workflow easier. For example, if you want to send out hundreds of emails every week, you can use an automation tool that will get the job done in a timely manner.
Deciding which email marketing software to use can be difficult. There are so many platforms, ESPs, and software to choose from, but not all of them are created equal. To help you make the right decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 most reputable email marketing solutions that you should consider trying out.
Created by Dave Maurer and set up in California, MailChimp is one of the biggest names in email marketing and has been around since 2001. Although it is more than 20 years old, the service continues to grow rapidly. According to some sources, MailChimp had 350 million monthly active users as of 2019.
The good thing about MailChimp is that it is incredibly easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. If you are looking for a simple tool to use for your email marketing, then MailChimp is the best option out there. You can easily get started with a free account and then decide whether or not to upgrade once you’ve tried it out.
Hootsuite is one of the world’s largest social media platforms, reaching over 500 million users monthly. The company was founded in the UK seven years ago and is now headquartered in Toronto. One of the reasons why Hootsuite is so popular is that it makes using multiple social media platforms easier. If you’re currently using multiple apps to stay connected with your followers, then Hootsuite can help you manage those platforms from one place. For example, if you have a Twitter account and a Facebook account, you can use Hootsuite to find the best times to post on both platforms in an effort to gain the most engagement.
3. Mad Mimi
Launched in 2016, Mad Mimi caters to young women and provides them with fashion and beauty products that they can’t find elsewhere. One of the unique things about Mad Mimi is that it understands the challenges that women face when it comes to shopping for themselves. This is why the platform’s tagline is “Express Yourself. Be Yourself. And feel confident.” Mad Mimi sends out several emails per week, targeting women between the ages of 15 and 35 with fashion and beauty-related content. While it might not be the most user-friendly solution on this list, Mad Mimi does have a very robust affiliate program that will appeal to marketers who are looking for a free tool to promote products related to fashion and beauty.
4. Benchmarking Performance
Benchmarking Performance is a software solution that specializes in helping businesses determine which email marketing and social media strategies are working and which aren’t. The service provides users with detailed reports on how various campaigns are performing, allowing them to track the results of their efforts over time. Launched in 2014, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and London. The main advantage of Benchmarking Performance is that users get to see concrete results very quickly. Since the platform is cloud-based, users can access their data from anywhere.
5. Vertical Response
Vertical Response is another business solution that helps companies determine the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Vertical Response provides marketing and PR professionals with an easy-to-use platform that helps them track the results of their media placements and communications efforts. The tool is also available for public relations and PR agencies to use to provide clients with media placements that will reach the right audience.
With so much competition, it’s essential to find ways to stand out from the crowd. One of the best ways to do this is through effective email marketing. However, it’s not easy to find a one-stop-shop for all your email marketing needs. That’s why we’ve compiled this detailed list of the top 5 most reputable email marketing solutions available today.